Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) Examination conduct by the State Government of Gujarat. The GPSC is carried out to fulfill the recruitment of class I and II posts.
Edibility Criteria for GPSC
- The Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The Candidate must have the Age Limit from 21 – 28 years of age.
- The Relaxation for SC and ST period is for five years. For OBC 3 years.
- For women’s in reserved quota, it is ten years. For General Women’s it is five years.
- Candidates should possess post graduate degree with at least 55% of the marks in any field from any of the University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State
- The candidate should have basic knowledge of Computer Application.
- The candidate must possess adequate knowledge of Gujarati, Hindi, and English.
No of Attempts ?
- A Candidate can apply any number of attempts to clear the GPSC.
Exams conducted by GPSC are as follows
- The Preliminary examination
- Main examination
- The Personality Test (Interview)
The Preliminary Examination
The Preliminary Examination consist of two paper with objective type question
- Paper-I General Studies (150 marks)
- Paper-II Optional subject ( 200 marks)
Total marks 350
The Main Examination
- Paper-I Gujarati (Marks200)
- Paper-II English ( Marks200)
- Paper-III General Studies (Marks200)
- Paper IV & V Two optional subjects each of 200 marks
After clearing the main exam; candidate will have an interview.
- The Personality Test (Interview) is of 100 Marks
- The final selection is base on the marks obtained in Main exam plus interview together.
How to Prepare for GPSC?
Every Aspirant stuck on this stage, but don’t worry We will provide you detail information that will help you to prepare well and clear out your examination. Preparing for any test does not start in one day, its take time.
- Be deterministic regarding your goal to crack the examination
- Focus on the current affairs
- Solve as many mocks test as you can
- Refer pervious paper, and solve it by doing so you will get a good idea about what types of question are there
- Use open source(The Internet for the latest update)
- Make your own strategic to study, take your own time to understand each and every topic
- Keep brushing on each subject that you have learned earlier, that you will not forget during examination
- To study General knowledge, don’t only rely on the above syllabus read as much as you can.
- If you are focusing GPSC for class 1-2, you should be ready to work for one year or longer.
- Get necessary information about GPSC exam pattern, syllabus
- Find out your weakness/ topics you are new at.
- Start with learning basic things, from Gujarat state textbook of English/Math’s/SS
- Once you have fair knowledge of all subjects, find out right coaching classes in your city.
- Collect material for detail reading.
- Practice mock test of GPSC and revise your study.